The #1 Traffic Getting System

Simple Christmas Gift

Zazzle Store

Travel Blog

From Adrian Lee

Fake It Until You Make It

Friday, March 12, 2010

Of all the business advise I have ever heard or read, this one takes the number spot. I first started hearing this many years ago in the Direct Marketing or MLM industry. The idea is you dress up to look the part of a successful marketer, drive a fancy car and get up to your eyeballs in debt trying to emulate the lifestyle of the truly successful. Not a great idea, huh? (No offense to MLMers, I'm talking about those black sheep)

In internet marketing, I am sad to say that people actually subscribe to this bad advice. Don't you really think we can't tell the difference between someone really good at what they do and someone who is faking it. Having said that, scammers tend to have beautifully created websites and convincing sales copy. But that's another story.

I have been in forums where these people are newbies to internet marketing, then when I go to their site, they try to sound like they are internet marketing gurus. I guess it takes all types in any industry.

Seriously, you don't need to do stupid things like this. All you need to is to find one thing you are good at, and build it up from there. The main trouble isn't that they don't know squat, it is that they don't know internet marketing. Well, forget about what the so-called internet gurus tell you. Or rather do your due diligence whenever you read an ebook or report, and a little research doesn't hurt.

By all means, research your niche and build your website. What you want is to get the conversation going. By that I mean, being relevant to your readers. From my own foray into website building, I can tell you that if you keep it real, you can build up your readership. If you keep adding relevant content, people will keep coming back.

0 comments: