Building a business on the internet is not as easy as it is made out to be. There are plenty of misconceptions as to what an on-line business is.
What it isn't
1) A website isn't a business. No matter how matter "Business in a box" or "Plug and play" websites or products you have.
2) A digital product isn't a business. You may have the best e-book in the world on your chosen niche, but it isn't a business until it sells.
3) An Adsense website isn't a business. You could have 30 websites optimized for adsense and it still doesn't make it a business.
What a business is
1) A business is a product or service that serves a market. In order words, there must be a market, and there must be a need or problem to be solved. There must be buyers in order for a business to be created.
2) It must create value to both customers and owners of the business. Value that is above what the customer pays for the product or service. And it is an entity the owner can sell, and when the owner sells the business, the buyer must be able to continue to run the business.
3) It must be automated, in whole or in part, that allows the business owner to focus on his core competency and not have to do the daily routine work that adds no value to the business.
Doing business on the internet is simply using the internet to put your products or services in front of potential clients. There is still work to be done, order fulfillment to handle. The advantage is when you have created a product it service, you can sell it to a world-wide market, and if it is a digital product, it can be delivered immediately.